All Sightbox memberships include the cost of a comprehensive eye exam. According to the American Optometric Association, the following services are performed as part of all comprehensive eye exams:
- Discussion of Patient History
- Medical history and known vision conditions
- Visual Acuity Testing
- How well you can read letters and chart from different distances
- Preliminary Testing
- Depth perception, color vision, eye muscle movements, peripheral or side vision, and the way your pupils react to light
- Measures the curvature of the cornea (the outer clear surface of the eye)
- Determines nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism powers
- Sightbox does not cover optional retinal screening services like Optomap or Optos
- Eye Focusing, Eye Teaming and Eye Movement Testing
- Tests the ability of how well your eyes work together to focus
After you sign up, a Sightbox Care Coordinator will schedule an appointment with a local optometrist. If you already have a current doctor that you prefer, we are more than happy to attempt to schedule an appointment with them.
Sightbox will call the office approximately 20 minutes before your exam to pay for your standard comprehensive contact lens exam, refraction, and contact lens fitting services.
After your prescription is finalized by the doctor, we will obtain a copy and use it to begin shipping your contact lenses.
Ready to begin your Sightbox membership? Get started here.